Friday, November 28, 2008

Emo Songs To Soothe The Soul

I was feeling kind of down today and one thing that I simply MUST do in moments of emo-ness is listen to emo songs. There's at least one song that suits every single reason for being depressed and I've made an incomplete list of songs that accompanies me while I wallow in self-pity.

1. Secondhand Serenade - Fall For You
Suitable for people who are in a relationship and are madly in love. It's not even an emo song but it's got a heart touching tune to it.

2. James Blunt - 1973
Appropriate for old people who are reminiscing of their clubbing days in the year 1973. If you know someone by the name of Simona then this is the song for you.

3. No Doubt - Don't Speak
Should be listened by people who just experienced a bad breakup. Damn, this was my theme song in Form 5. T_T

4. Avril Lavigne - Losing Grip
This song will be enjoyed by girls who feel neglected by their boyfriends. One of my favourites.

5. Billy Talent - Pins And Needles
A song from my absolutely favourite punk rock band. The music is capable of inducing tears at random moments.

6. My Chemical Romance - I Don't Love You
This is a heartbreaking song but it's good for inspiring people to move on after a breakup.

7. Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
This song helps to cheer me up sometimes. It's sort of reminiscent of the good times I used to have.

8. Nelly Furtado - Try
Feel like you're always beaten down even after giving your all? Feel like your best efforts are never enough? This is the song for you!

9. Backstreet Boys - Inconsolable
No emo session is complete without Backstreet Boys, who else sings about rejected passions, unspoken desires and soppy love stories? The title says it all, I'm Inconsolable so leave me alone.

10. Snow - Sakasama No Chou
The tune is just so effing sad. *starts sobbing uncontrollably*

11. Jackie Chan & Kim - Endless Love
Okay, so I'm kind of embarassed to have this song on my playlist but The Myth is one of my favourite movies! This song is beautiful because I imagine it to be about a love that lasts for eternity [like the movie]. *sigh*

12. P.Diddy Feat. Keri - After Love
Sick of love? Tired of getting hurt? Yeap, listen to this.

13. Papa Roach - Last Resort
I listen to this song when I'm pissed off. I'll start banging my head around and kicking out at random objects. It helps though.

14. Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
Oh where oh where can my baby be? The Lord took her away from me... She's gone to heaven so I got to be good. So I can see my baby when I leave... This world. [argh!]

15. The Veronicas - Leave Me Alone
Another one of my emo songs reserved for moments of anger.

16. Simple Plan - Save You
This song describes me in a million and one ways.

17. Disagree - Suicide Note
Don't worry, I've never been anywhere close to killing myself. But this song is moody and suits people in depression. Err, better not listen to it if you're suicidal though.

18. System Of A Down - Lonely Day
Can I just start off by saying that I love this song? Everybody feels lonely at times, this song is my way out.

19. Nana Mizuki - Hime Murasaki
This is the ending theme of my favourite anime ever, Basilisk and I love it because it has the most beautiful and tortured ending. T_T

20. Sum 41 - Pieces
I tried to be perfect,
But nothing was worth it,
I don’t believe it makes me real.
I thought it’d be easy,
But no one believes me,
I meant all the things I said.
If you believe it’s in my soul,
I’d say all the words that I know,
Just to see if it would show,
That I'm trying to let you know,
That I’m better off on my own.

[The ultimate song for emo-ing]

Well, that was a list of some of the songs that blast through my speakers when I feel unhappy, hope you like them too!

0 ramblings: