Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Trip Back To Terengganu - So Far So Good

Finally! A decent internet connection! Currently, I'm hanging out with my dad and sister at East Coast Mall's Starbucks, sipping on Toffee Nut Latte while shamelessly perusing their wi-fi for blogging purposes. I officially love my N82, now I can blog on the go, how cool is that?! Anyway, I travelled to Terengganu two days ago by bus. It was an uneventful journey but I was lucky enough to not have a passenger beside me. This means that I can sit like a trishaw rider without offending anyone, scratch myself at odd places without earning stern looks and hog the seats as much as I want. I whiled away the journey entertaining myself with vivid daydreams and music. I amused myself looking at the bizarre signboards in Kuantan too. Either the people here have a really weird sense of humour or a lack of creative juices because they came up with names such as HotMale Cafe (a cyber cafe), Tuisyen Adabi and Tuisyen Kambing. The last one had me laughing out loud! Do they educate young billy goats there or do they teach humans the way of the goat? Well, upon arrival at my home in Kemaman, I decided to do my dad some community service and bring the dogs for a walk and to satisfy the call of nature. It was terrible. X'ter the 2nd dragged me around the neighbourhood and pulled me into a puddle. I was screaming and running behind that donkey of a dog, hanging onto the leash for dear life. It didn't help that my sister was laughing her head off, I must have looked like a fool. The assault didn't stop there, Dusky stomped on my foot with his clawed paw and Ranger kept on showing me his butt. I feel so loved. The next day, we went for breakfast - fish noodle soup - one of my favourite dishes ever! It's only exclusive to seaside towns in the East Coast. It's simply delicious, hot steaming fish broth served with noodles of your choice, a plate of fish and fish crackers. Yummy! Needless to say, I've been eating a lot of fish here. One thing I've noticed is, there are so many tomyam restaurants here but fast food restaurants are a rarity. Interesting. There are also a lot of roadkill to be seen, I saw a dead cow. T_T Well, so far I'm enjoying myself. Hope to update soon. Happy Holidays everyone! ^_^

0 ramblings: